Thursday, April 23, 2009

I took Bela in this morning after a long and kinda scary night. She was burning up all night, even with Motrin she was at 103 for awhile. She was breathing kinda funny too. Found out a couple things today.. First, not surprising, she's got another nasty ear infection, pus and everything. Poor thing. Not sure if the one she had a month ago ever really cleared up, or if this is a new one. We think something else viral might be going on also for her to be soo sick. She slept the whole way there, most of the apt, the whole way back, and didn't wake up until about 4. When she got up her fever was 104.8. She's back down and it's 5:00. It just freaks me out. But we got her started on another antibiotic (ugh), and hopefully it'll do the trick and get her feeling better. Second, and kinda surprising, they saw some heart issues. Her aortic arch was more narrowed today creating more pressure on her right ventricle (her only one) to pump the blood through it and out to the body. The narrowing also is causing both her valves to have worse leakage. It's now crossed the 'safe' mark, so a cath seems to be in the near future to balloon open the narrowing. First though, we'll redo the echo again on Wednesday to make sure the numbers weren't affected by her high fever, but sounds like either way a cath is going to be necessary soon. Not the worst news, but I was just hoping things with her heart would be the same and not worse. It always stinks to get any 'worse' news. It's kinda like getting a kick back into reality, and it just bring all the feelings of being so scared for her back to the surface. Her recent symptoms could be caused by the extra workload on her heart right now .. Because blood flow is restricted to the body right now, her lungs are getting an excess of fluid and so she's pretty congested. She also hasn't wanted to eat at all since the last time I posted. She sort of just stopped one day... a red flag somethings up.

But she'll get better, her drs will know what she needs, we'll do it, and move on. She's so darn sweet when she's sick. I could hold her all day long and let her sleep on me.. I have so much empathy for her, and also so much respect. She's been 'healthy' such a short amount of her life, yet she's such a trooper through it all. When she is feeling her best, she just shines. What a priviledge it is to be her mom.
I miss this girl..

Hopefully she'll be back soon.

13 comments:

TC Jolley said...

Awww, poor thing. We love Bella and Anabelle wants her playmate at the park to feel better and come play. Let me know if you need anything Avery, I mean it! We're thinking about you guys.

Mandy said...

Sorry to hear about Bela. I know it's a sad picture but she looks so adorable on the couch with her blankie and binky.

emcghee said...

Oh sweetness. . . . sorry to hear she is not herself. Obviously we will be thinking of you and her and hope for the best. I'll talk to you soon.

La said...

sweet bel. she is the best.

Dennison Family said...

Oh, Avery, I'm so sorry about the bad news and that a cath will be soon! I will be praying for sweet Bela and YOU!!

Ali said...

awww man. she is the cutest. we love you!

Dave and Beth Green said...

Those pictures of Bela melt my heart! She is so adorable! I'm so sad she is not doing well right now. I'm so sorry for you Avery! I'm sure you are just exhausted! You are such a good little mother to Bela. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers! We love you guys!

Sheri Lee said...

oooh, that makes me so sad! you have an amazing attitude! Hope to see that smiling Bela (my little friend), soon!

Susie Jensen said...

Oh, how scary. We will be praying for Bela and for your family and sending "healthy vibes" your way. I hope she gets better REALLY REALLY soon! Keep us posted about her cath.

likeschocolate said...

Gee, you guys just need a break. We will keep Bela in our prayers.

lundgrenville said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you! She is a beauty when she blossoms. :)

Evie's Story said...

Poor Sweet baby - both of yoU! Know its hard to gear up for more heart work. Enjoy the pitiful snuggle time with that sweet sick girl. We will be watching and praying!

Wendy said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news about Bela. I just checked my blog and read about it. I'm hoping things have gotten better since that was posted a few days ago. I hope all is well with her and you guys. We'll be praying for you!