Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Much Better!

Sorry for the lack of posts.. It's been an eventful week! So after her confirmed ear infection on Thursday last week, her fever still didn't subside until the next morning. Then Friday we noticed a little bit of what looked like a rash show up on her forehead. Bela sometimes gets blotchy on her forehead so I didn't think too much of it. Saturday tho, it started going down onto her cheeks and neck. By Sunday it was all over her chest, tummy, and back. I called Beth and we figured out she had Roseola, on top of her ear infection! My poor baby! The rash is an indicator that the worst is over though, and by Monday most of the rash was gone and she was feeling SO much better. Tuesday she was almsot back to her sweet little self. Ahhh, so glad to have that over with! Today I took her in to have her repeat Echo done... and guess what?! She decided to surprise us all again and have a good echo! Her pressure measurement was around 40 last week (crossing the safe mark) and today it was back down to 26! Back in the safe zone! So no cath in the very near future. Hopefully it was just bc her body was so sick that her heart was in overload. Her dr. sorta just shrugged his shoulders when he gave me the news.. I think they were surprised. I was totally prepared for bad news and a cath date.. so it was great news! The Bela roller coaster ride continues.. I hope we can keep her healthy and hospital free for a long time!
I had a trip with girlfriends planned this weekend, but I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go because of possible heart issues, but looks like I'm going! I leave tomorrow a.m., and I'm so excited! I know I'll worry (of course) and I'll miss my little munchkins, but I know it will be so nice to have a break.. Hopfully Tanner will survive.. :)
bye for now!

9 comments:

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Oh my gosh...I am so glad that you get to go on your trip! I was thinking about that. So glad Bela is sick free and her heart was good! Yay!

Staci said...

Yay Bella!!!!
Have a wonderful time Avery!!

Dana said...

I am so happy that Bela is feeling so much better and you don't have a cath date! I hope you have a great trip and I can't wait to hear all about it!

The Silly Nilly Family said...

Yay!!!

Victoria said...

What a nice thing that you can get away for a little time to recharge! Have a GREAT trip!

Jana said...

Hi Bela's mom!

I'm the author of a popular mom blog and you and your sweet little girl have been nominated by a fellow heart friend and selected to receive a special gift for Mother's Day from one of my awesome sponsors. Your story is so inspiring...I have two friends with babies with HLHS, so I am familiar in some small way with what you are going through. Anyway, I would love to profile your family if you're ok with it. I don't see your email address on your blog. If you get this message (and I so hope you do), please email me at themeanestmom@gmail.com

To ease your mind (that this isn't a joke or some weird prank), you can check out the call for nominations on my blog at: www.themeanestmom.blogspot.com (end of last Sunday's post).

I look forward to hearing from you!

Jana Mathews
AKA The Meanest Mom

Stu and Angie Milne said...

alright bela! joann told us the great news last night and we were so happy to hear it! have so much fun on your trip ave! ooh ps i'm going to try to email you those pictures today or tomorrow morning. the internet at our apt has been really tricky lately..

Crystal said...

Hello I found my way over here from Meanest Mom, my daughter has Turner Syndrome as well and had a cath angioplasty on her heart at 9months for coarctation and will need open heart in the future. My daughter also has autism which is most of where the focus is right now with her anyway just wanted to say hi! Are you on the yahoo parents group for girls with ts?

Millwork Clearwater said...

Great reading your blogg post