Saturday, March 1, 2008

She's Here!!

Bela Grace Milne
Born 2/29/08 (leap year) at 8:01 a.m.
5 lbs. 14 ounces
18 inches long


She's soooo adorable. It's been an incredible two days. Bela is everything and more that I dreamed she would be. She is so precious. She has a very light complextion and quite a bit of blonde 'whispy' hair. She's been kept very busy and has already gone through so much. We have already been transferred over to the Caridiac ICU where we have our own private room. It is so nice to be right with her all the time.



Here's whats happened since Thursday...I went to my dr. apointment on Thursday morning as usual. There were a couple things the doctor was starting to be a little concerned about so she just decided we should go ahead and get her delivered that day. Tanner and I met at home, packed real quick and came over. I didn't actually start the induction process until about 8 o'clock Thursday night. They gave me gel to soften my cervix which was supposed to take 12 hours. Then they were planning on giving me pitocin after that for another few hours to start the contractions...no need. My contractions started on their own around 11 and got strong and close fast. By 2:30 a.m. or so they were coming every 1-2 minutes and I thought I might die from pain so I asked for the epidural. I had a great epidural experience this time and was feeling quite comfortable about 10 minutes later..sooo wonderful. By 7 I was pretty much ready to go and they got all the teams together for the delivery. My doctor broke my water around 7:50, I pushed through about 4 contractions and she was here. It was an easy delivery.

They took her to a table in my view so I got to watch her for awhile while they did their things with her, and I was grateful to be able to see her. She looked beautiful. Perfect coloring, no swelling, everything looked normal and great. We were so happy about that. The doctors that looked her over after birth all said there were no physical signs of Turners Syndrome. YEAH! That dosn't mean she dosn't have Turners, just that she does not have many of the obvious physical attributes that usually come with it. She has been doing pretty well so far. They took her right to the NICU and got her all hooked up to all her machines. Last night around 8 she started to have periods of apnea (she would stop breathing--a side affect of one of her medications) so they have inserted a breathing tube down her throat to help her with breathing. She just got a central line put in her leg that goes up to her heart, and she is recieving a blood tranfusion right now because she was anemic. She's highly sedated so is resting pretty comfortably now. Things are happening faster than I can even keep up with, but I will try and keep this updated. Here's a picture of all the machines that are helping to keep our sweet girl alive.


We are taking things a day at a time...I have already been discharged and am staying with Bela tonight in her room. Tanner took Benson home tonight to sleep in his own crib. He has been loving life with his Grandma Jodi, Papa, and his uncles. He met Bela for the first time today and wasn't quite sure what to think...he was fascinated by her and stared at her for long while. He's going to be a good big brother.
Our families have been here on and off and have all gotten to see her so I was happy about that. We have so much support, we are so blessed. I am grateful for how good she is doing, she is strong and she is being a fighter.
I've slept about 5 hours in the last 60 hours or so, so I'm going to try to get some sleep now.. will post again real soon.

8 comments:

The Joslyn Family said...

She is so precious and so cute! Congratulations on her arrival! I'm so glad she is doing better than expected, that is so wonderful. She is just so sweet and we will continue to keep her and your famiy in our prayers. We love you guys!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Oh my gosh, you guys, she is so beautiful! What a perfect little angel. Her name definitely suits her. She looks like she is doing great and that they are taking good care of her. Thank goodness for modern medicine and good doctors and nurses that know what to do with these little ones. Congrats on making it through the first hurdle... getting her here. We are constantly thinking about you guys. Thanks for the update. You look great too mommy!

Dave and Beth Green said...

I was so excited to see Bela's picture on our computer this morning!!! She is so adorabale and looks so perfect! Avery, you amaze me! I'm glad the birth went well. Love her name!! Thanks for taking time to write and let us know how things are going. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. We love you! --Love, A. Beth

S and K said...

OH I can't believe she's here! She is just as cute as cute!!!! I'm glad everything went so well with delivery!! And a leap year b-day, that's awesome.
I hope everything continues to go well and we are thinking about you guys and keeping you in our prayers. We love you guys! And I know you have such wonderful family around but if there is anything I can do PLEASE let me know!

jillian said...

congratulations!!!I am so happy for you. She is so cute. Im so glad things are going well. I hope it all goes well from here on out too.

cait said...

sweet bela is so beautiful! Congratulations, you are incredible and we are praying for you & your girl! We love you!

La said...

having been able to see her in person, i attest to the fact that she is absolutely adorable. and ave is amazing, walking around and holding benson just hours lately.
love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Redbox.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie Piranha 3D 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks