Friday, August 14, 2009

Rocking Chairs

I want to share this.. This is part of a posting off Paul Cardall's site.
A quick background on Paul: Paul was born in 1973 with a single ventricle, just like Bela. He has lived and survived longer than most. But his heart is now in failure and he is waiting for a transplant. He is married and has a daughter, Eden. If you want to be inspired and uplifted, read his blog!
This post just made me appreciate the little moments I have with my family more, and I thought it might do the same for you...


Our rocking chairs:

In lieu of our situation I said to my wife, “Go out and by our rocking chairs. I don’t want to wait to grow old with you. I would love to sit with you on the porch today!”

Lynnette brought home two beautiful chairs. The only problem is that we need a third chair for Eden. My sweet little girl is jealous and wants her own chair. She cracks me up. And so, tomorrow we’ll start looking for a third chair. The store evidently sold us the last two black rocking chairs. I'm sure we can find a pink one for our little diva.

4 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

I loved that post!!

Life Unscripted said...

Bela would be stinkin adorable with bangs. And I was no braver then you are, I just felt so bad looking at her keep pushing her hair out of her face. When she took baths her bangs were down to her lips. So I finally said enough was enough.

Go figure your apt is the next day. I am dreading it tomorrow, terrified actually. But yes, I will be there at the meeting on Thursday. It is just going to be me. The kids are on a strict bed time schedule so I dont want to throw them off because of it. Chris will stay at home with them, while I get a moment to get out and converse with others my age.

We will see you then hopefully.

Jenna

lundgrenville said...

I loved this post! Thank you! Avery-I still think of your sweet Bella and your beautiful family. You are often in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, here is some more information on Rocking Chairs .