Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I hate when I go this long in between posts...then I don't know where to begin!
We had a wonderful Christmas with lots of family time. My parents even got to be home from Brazil and spend a few days after christmas with us!


Benson and Bela are growing up too fast.. I wish we could freeze them both in their current ages. Benson is creative, imaginative, funny, and all boy. He is a different super hero every hour of every day and is usually creating something with his art stuff. He would rather stay home and play all day than leave the house to go anywhere, including school.
Bela is hilarious, sweet, smart, and full of personality. She comes up with the funniest things to say in her tiny little voice. She is mischievous and always getting into something she shouldn't be and then when she's found holds her little finger up to her lips and says, "shhh". She likes to dress up and 'get married' all the time like all her princess friends and like Rachel just did.


Bens and Bel are best friends. They play all the time together. It's so nice when that finally happened. Right now they are dancing together as Rapunzel and Dash. They are getting to be so easy. So what am I doing throwing in another one? :)
Actually, I am SO excited to have this little girl. I am most excited about the normal things I'll get to do with her like hold her right after she's born for hours and just stare at every inch of her, give her baths, nurse her in the quiet night hours, smell her newborn head and kiss it whenever I want, carry her around in a baby carrier, and go on walk... just to name a few. There were so many things I missed doing with Bela and it feels like forever ago that I was able to do them with Benson.
I still have some worries...don't know why.. I know she's healthy. I still have this small thought in my mind that something will go wrong. I think there'll be a moment after she's born when we're home and it'll probably be dark and quiet and I'm holding her in my arms and it'll just hit me that everything is really OKAY. It is almost here and it's SO exciting.


In the meantime, I'm just trying to stay busy so time goes by. Whenever I hit 36 weeks I get impatient and anxious. I was sleeping fine until last week, and I'm starting to ache in lots of places.. The last month is rotten. I'm grateful for these sweet two to keep me busy..


4 comments:

Angie Milne said...

haha i love bela's "shhhh" she is so funny :) i can't wait for this new niece to love on, she'll be here before you know it!

Evie's Story said...

I can so relate to the anxiety as you prepare for another one. Praying PEACE for you and great joy as you welcome another beautiful baby girl Bela will make SUCH a great big sister!

Grafton and Laurisa Milne said...

I love reading your blog!! oh those two are so precious. I love the candids! you really are a wonderful mommy :) I have so much to learn from you when I become a mom! love you!

Alysia said...

i have not read your blog is such a long time!
wow. i can't believe how big bela has gotten!
she is so beautiful!
and i can't believe your pregnant! and so far along too! that is so wonderful and exciting! congratulations!!
i do still often think of little bela, but, life is crazy. so blog stalking gets pushed back. ;)
so glad to hear things are going well! and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and i'm so happy for the moment when you'll get to hold your newborn and take her home with you. :)